Jun 8, 2012

So yesterday was a great day ...

... and I started it off by working in the Secret Garden.  WISH I had my camera - but then I wouldn't have gotten much done.

... and the sun was shining today (finally) and it wasn't *too* hot - beautiful

... and at one point in the afternoon, I looked around and all my little chickies were asleep:  the 2 ducks in their pen, the dog in the driveway, ds#1 taking a nap in his room, ds#2 on the couch ... and all was good in the world.

... and then to end the day, I got to host a Speed Scrap at JessicaSprague.com .  I've never done this before and I have to say - it.was.a.blast!   Hmmm - might be interesting to try this with traditional supplies - maybe not ... LOL!

I played along with the Speed Scrap and made this one with the following instructions given every 10 minutes (and then you get another hour and 15 minutes to post):


1. Use at least 2 photos that were taken outside!
2. Keep one photo in color and change at least one photo to black and white!
3. You can use any patterned paper at all, but one must have some yellow in it!
4. Use at least 5 stars somewhere on the layout!
5. Use some bling! (something shiny or with sparkle, sequins, glitter, sparkly button, rhinestone, etc)

6. Journal in a typewriter style font!
7. Make a title that uses multiple fonts!


Now I was lucky because I knew the instructions beforehand!  But I tried very hard not to get anything ready ahead of time. LOL!


Supplies:

Queen of Quirk Template (altered)
Jenni Bowlin Studio Homespun
Jenni Bowlin Studio Soda Water Paper
Jenni Bowlin Studio Rub On Frames
Jenni Bowlin Studio Trendy

The Trendy Paper Collection and Patriotic Bingo Cards are new - and until Sunday, everything in the JBS Digi Shoppe is 40% off!

The new kits are perfect for summer and July 4th, aren't they?



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a great day. I must say, you should do layouts more often. This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, you are such an inspiration to me....... Your pages always amaze me and I always find a little nugget that you have hidden on your pages that When I find I think 'masterful' ! GIRL, there are so many things I cannot do..."don,t know where to start, Love watching your creations, and I hope you have many more good days!,,,,,

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!