Feb 9, 2015

Anatomy of a Layout: Soccer Girl


Once upon a time I was a soccer mom, and this fall I was a soccer aunt for a game! Oh sweet bundle of energy!

Anatomy of this layout:

1.  I do LOVE working on white cardstock.
2.  Combined b/w with a color photo again.
3.  I glittered star stickers and glued them to a chipboard star. To avoid the glitter mess, I spread Glossy Accents over the glitter. Worked perfectly in keeping the glitter under control.
4.  I think using vellum as a pocket to hold large confetti pieces worked perfectly.  You get the idea of happy motion inside the pocket, but it's softened with the vellum.
5.  Butterflies work always.  Especially big beautiful ones.
6.  The vintage milk cap in just the right colors is a great embellishment. I finished this layout last night and read Jenni Bowlin's post about her milk caps this morning.  I probably picked this one up in her Mercantile flea market!

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful. You are inspiring and insightful as always. Thanks Betsy!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!