Mar 17, 2013

It Was Pillowcase Trim!

I had the most wonderful opportunity to be a guest teacher for Masterful Scrapbook Designs in November.  The topic of the month-long seminar was Old Photos.  One of the layouts I submitted for them used the most adorable red and white trim.  I inherited a lot of my grandma's old trim and sewing supplies. During my MSD interview, I remember saying this was trim from my family stash, and then questioning myself during the interview, and then being not so sure where I did get it.  Surprise, surprise when I saw this exact trim for sale at the JBS Mercantile Flea Market.  



So this is where I got that pretty piece of trim.  And what a surprise to learn that it's pillowcase trim! The scalloped edge is so pretty and it looks so sweet bunched up and gathered.  I think I need a few more yards!

This is the beauty of using unique, vintage items on your projects.  They become just that.  Unique!


2 comments:

  1. Great layout! The pillow case trim and the red ribbon and red brads look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo beautiful! LOVING the photos, the colors and that trim!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!