Mar 14, 2012

Lucky! Vintage Hybrid Banner



See what my computer made today!  A fresh vintage banner to celebrate being lucky !



I used this Jenni Bowlin digi kit:

... and changed the colors of the letters to match my room and ... 
... made a tissue zinnia, added vintage trim and paper flowers ...
... and clipped on a sweet photo.

How do you change the colors of the alphas in the kit?  It's easy in PSE:

1.  Open up your letters in PSE

2.  Click Enhance > Adjust Color > Adjust Hue/Saturation








3. A new box opens up. 
>Click on Colorize.





4. You'll now be able to play with the Hue, Saturation, and Lightness to change the color of the letter.
The values I used for my banner were:
hue: 89
saturation: 30
lightness: +28


I printed my alphas on a commercially available cotton sheet made for ink jet printing.  It gives the project such a wonderfully light and airy feel.

Have a wonderfully creative (and lucky) day!

8 comments:

  1. I love the addition of the trims, Betsy! The ruffled flower and photo tie it all together. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it betsy~didn't to use special paper ~ i use white cardstock through my printer. good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty, Betsy! I hadn't even considered the possibility of altering colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hanging style. Will definitely steal this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog Betsy and congrats on getting a Cameo. I absolutely can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!