Aug 29, 2010

More Rock Rubbin' with the Family

Our rock rubbin' activity on vacation came to an all time high when every single relative that came to visit got into the act.

First, dear brother #1 grabbed our rocks and made a "cairn".  I had no idea what a cairn was, but googling it brought up a lot of cool stuff that only my forest-dwelling brother would know about:


Then, we had to destroy his cairn and got busy.  Here's my ultra talented sil.   One of the most creative people I know:



Everyone got into the act.  Even my left-brained cousin.  Having Pina Coladas on the table helped:



I was only able to get a photo of these - there were tons more:


So next time you go to the beach, bring all the rub ons you own.  So much fun and a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.

I hid a rock I made that said "Rock On" (oh I'm so funny!) into ds' dorm room Friday.  I wonder if he found it yet.  Yep, ds#1 has gone on to college.

this little boy:





has turned into this young man:



and is at college:


 i miss him with all my heart. 

ok - gotta go - the tears have started again! (proud, happy, but missing him tears)

thanks for visiting! - betsy



7 comments:

  1. No wAY! He's at college?!?!?!
    I thought you had another year. Eeeep!

    *huge hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't imagine sending my angle baby to college, but he asked me today (and can't even remember why) when he would be a teenager and i said 6 yrs and a couple mos. too soon too soon! hugs to you. i know you must miss him dreadfully.

    love the rocks. except that i am rubon challenged and would totally botch them, lol.

    awesome new banner too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those rocks cool! The entire process looks so fun. Congrats on the college fella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea Betsy! Very cool gift to hide in your DS room. Love those pics of him too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the rocks with the rubons! Very clever! Can I post them on TSG blog? Love your work! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off to college - no way! How can that be?

    I know I say this every time but you are so amazingly creative Betsy - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your word stones.
    They grow up so fast..so sad. My oldest daughter is 21 where does the time go ?

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!