Apr 11, 2009

Life happens . . .


. . . when you're making other plans. And that's what's happened to me. Looking back at my last post it's pretty evident that I had a bad feeling about the numbness that I was experiencing. A diagnosis has been finally made and I have multiple sclerosis. DANG, it stinks. I've been sad, mad, guilty, paranoid, frozen, crazy, and everything in between since then and now. It's hard to deal with - really, really hard - but if this is going to happen to me, I'm not going to take it without giving a punch or two back. In some way, I hope to do something, I'm not sure what, but something to help put an end to this disease.


A little start:
We've formed a team to walk for MS on April 19th. For more info, see CtfightsMS.org . Our team name is "Strike Out MS!" - inspired by my baseball lovin' boys. Here's one of my sleepy headed boys sporting our team shirt:


I truly believe there will be a cure in our children's lifetime. They are making big strides in diseases like MS - gotta keep the momentum going!

I'd love to talk to anyone dealing positively with this disease. Email me! If you're a crafter, all the better - I'm having a rough time with that part of my life . . .


And now on to scrapbooking . . . In celebration of Easter last week, I'm posting a layout I did a while ago (pre-MS) about my grandma's egg scale. So many memories of grandma from this little egg scale . . .




(lots of My Mind's Eye rubons, Heidi Swapp letters, Making Memories metals, Basic Grey paper)

And here is a layout I did recently about ds#1:




Yes - this was done "post MS" and that paper covered diecut almost killed me LOL!

But I am not going to let MS get the best of me . . .
have a creative week! - betsy

4 comments:

  1. That is surely not good news to get but it sounds like you are going to have to right attitude to not let this get you down! Love that egg scale and the layout - how cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Betsy! I'm so glad to see you posting again. I will keep an eye out for anybody who would be able to give you some helpful info. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy - I'm so sorry you are going through this! I love that you have a great positive attitude. I know 2 people (my sister's friend's parents) who also have MS and have been doing great for YEARS now. They've been going to Germany for more than a decade for treatments that aren't/weren't available in the US. (Not sure they they still aren't available in the US, but they were 15-some years ago when they were Dx'd). I can get details if you want more info. Let me know and big hugs!!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear that you have MS. I believe that there will be a cure for this disease. My aunt was diagnosed with MS about 15 years ago and she has been so strong! Keep yourself healthy - eat well and excercise - and it will take care of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!