Apr 15, 2013

Layering Thickers

Like many scrapbookers, I love using Thickers for my titles.  I quite often will make a layered title, one where the Thickers letters overlap each other a bit.  Like in this layout for example:


sweet smaller file

sweet detail smaller file

The trouble with layering your 3-D letters like this is that they often fall apart.  And then the layout goes into the "layouts to be fixed" pile.

I found a great way to really seal these types of letters together so they can be layered without fear!
I created the title of my Garden mini album (from JBS Mercantile April Mini Album Kit) with the sparkly Dear Lizzy letters in the kit.

garden mini 1 : Mini album Kit and main


Both the "54" and "GARDEN" are overlapping and in order to get the letters to stay put I spread a thin line of Glossy Accents where the letters or numbers overlapped.


The glue dries clear and I even pulled and tugged on these letters to see if they'll stay and they do!

Now to tackle the pile of "layouts to be fixed" with my bottle of Glossy Accents!

And don't forget to hop on over to the JBS Mercantile to play Centipede with us!





7 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeee your lo and your mini!! great idea to use the accents to hold them together layered!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip and I love your layout!!! There is so much awesome detail, so much to look at! xo Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I have this problem alot. Love your layout and mini too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, Betsy! Good to know there's something that works. I love your beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Betsy!!! Wonderful look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tip betsy! and such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only things I love more than Jenni Bowlin red are blue & glitter. And when they overlap! Oh my! Awesome tip for the Thickers, it helps them look more vintage. And a sweet guy pic, too :) Erika

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!