Jan 20, 2013

Journal Junkie


I love journals.  I love notebooks.  I am a journal junkie.


I like to make them my own.  I decorate them.  I alter them.  I USE THEM. A lot.  For ideas, sketches, notes, plans, doodles, everything.  I'll always have one with me.  I want to keep them organized, but I'll leave them all around the house.  I've tried to designate certain topics for certain books.  I always fail and use whichever book is closest to me.  But I don't care, because I USE THEM.

Here's Proof:

Before:


Years later:


So when I saw the gor.geous paper in the January Mercantile Papercrafting Kit, the urge to make another journal soon followed.


LOVE this paper.  Although the kit is sold out, there's still some of the January Paper Pack left - it's gorgeous.  

Clockwise from top left: 1. I cut flowers from on of the very pretty papers and used them as index tabs. 2. Another flower on a ribbon is my bookmark.  3.  The alpha stickers in the kit title some pages.  4. The rest of the alphas are snuck in a vellum pocket made with a doily from the Antiquarian Kit.

Clockwise from top left: 1. A glassine envelope from my stash holds clear plastic sketch templates.  2. Another page header using the alpha stickers.  3.  The alpha stickers on the talk bubbles and glued onto paperclips make adorable clips. 4. Items from the Antiquarian Kit and gorgeous flower filled paper create this divider page.
This journal was created mostly because I loved that triangle and flower paper so much, that I needed to use it with something I could carry around with me.  And then I could look at the paper all I wanted.

Here's the gorgeous paper in this month's kit.  Some of the papers were designed by Lisa Dickinson and are exclusive and limited edition.  



One reason to love monthly kits is the paper.  There's truly just too much out there to see and remember. So when I get my paper in my kit, I'm usually flabbergasted.  Like this month ... gor.geous.





6 comments:

  1. Your journal re-do is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and those flowers on the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love them too!!! I don't make as many as you but when I need one I do!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really super cute. I love love how you did the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine collection of Journals indeed! It's like a little corner overflowing with creativity :) It was great to meet you at Marjie's Art Journaling Class this weekend...hope to see you again soon!

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of your new journal. The triangles are like mountains, now covered in snow!! The ribbon bookmark is such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!