Oct 3, 2012

WOYWW : 174


Well, it's a pretty clean desk today.  This is the calm after the storm. Oh I wish I had snapped a pic of the storm!  I'm really getting into metals and little bits of construction and this the beginnings of that.  Trying out attaching a vintage handle and a coin holder.  I think assemblage (did I spell that right?) may be in my future!  To the right is a roll of gorgeous vintage lace I had just used.  Can you see the photo corners towards the back.  I had to buy those.  I must have 500 bazillion photo corners somewhere, but I can't find them. I know when I have to buy photo corners that it's time to reorganize.  purge.  and make note of my stock.






OK!  So what caused the storm the days before?  I was working with this gor.geous papercrafting kit from JBS Mercantile:


so pretty - so colorful - so much fun

The Mercantile will be offering cutting files now with their Papercrafting Kits.  This month's cutting file works with the exclusive stamp in the kit:


and here's what I've made so far:


this is a layout with old horrible photos - but it's not about the photos here!

I used both version of the cutting file - there's the doily shape and the doily outline in the kit - both - and I just love that design!

And then ... I found an old throw away water-proof camera ... that we had never brought in to develop the photos  ... and a fun day at the amusement park was found ... my boys will get such a kick out of this:




Is this photo hilarious or what?!



Thanks for visiting!  Have a creative day!


5 comments:

  1. Love those coin holders, something I haven't thought of! You really did the JBS kit up proud! I don't use my die cuts enough love what you did. WOYWW 114

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kit, and your fun banner and card are so cute with the awesome photos! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh at #99

    ReplyDelete
  3. your desk looks so much fun and great layouts
    thanks for sharing
    janet #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracious, coin holders...talk about what goes around comes around! I really like the doily stamp and cut...really great on your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I didn't realize those were pics you have never seen before! How cool. I have two throw away cameras that my kids had at pre-school for the teachers to snap some pics throughout the year that I have not developed yet. i really want to know what's on there!

    All your work with the kit is wonderful! I'm a pharmgirl fan!

    Oh yeah, your photo corners are my grommets/eyelets and eyelet setter. It's driven me to the brink that they have been completely eaten by my scraproom.

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!