Jan 27, 2014

Create Inspiration Party : Cupcake Stands









Cupcakes are festive and cute, but they can be even more adorable sitting on a cupcake stand.

I made my own cupcake stands with my cameo cutting machine and some favorite patterned cardstock.  

A variety of shapes can be used as cupcake stands.  The only requirements are that they are strong enough to support your cupcake and have a flat top and bottom for stability.

I wanted my stands to have a nice curve and pretty shape to them, so I used shapes from this digital kit from Lori Whitlock.



A tag would act as the stand and the circular seal shape as the cupcake base.




I cut my shapes from the Jenni Bowlin Studio patterned cardstock:  Be Our Guest and Magpie. The cardstock weight works well for holding the cupcakes up and the patterns are beautiful.

I opened these png shapes in my Silhouette and used the trace function to get my cutting lines.   To create each stand you need 2 identical stand shapes and one base shape.   A diameter of 3 inches works well for the base for a standard cupcake.


After die-cutting I cut the tops off the tags so I would have a flat side on both ends of the tag.




I cut part way down the middle of both pieces - one from the top and one from the bottom so they would fit together to form a 3-D cupcake stand.










I finished by gluing the top of the stand to the cut base with Zip Dry.




Altering the sizes of the stands and the cardstock patterns you use will create an adorable gathering of cupcakes!








Thanks for visiting my blog and my contribution to the party!






Take a look at the entire team's projects by visited these blogs!





6 comments:

  1. This is genius, Betsy! I won't be looking at simple tag shapes quite the same way-- love how you transformed them into a cute decor item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an excellent tutorial and one I think a lot of people will use! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very awesome~did you see I have learned to weld words? yep it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the creativity and attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!